These fish tacos are fast to make and are a great change from Mexican beef or chicken recipes.
We love the addition of the mango salsa, but if it’s out of season just add in some of your favourite salad ingredients and it will be just as delicious
Crispy Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 400 grams snapper fillets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp Gregg's Ground Paprika
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 fresh mango peeled and finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 spring onion chopped
- handful of fresh mint leaves torn
- handful of fresh coriander leaves torn
- 1 lime juice only
- 6-8 wholegrain tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce shredded
- Heinz Seriously Good Original Mayonnaise
- Cut the Snapper fillets into strips. Mix the flour and Gregg's Ground Paprika together and season with salt and pepper. Dust the fish with seasoned flour. Dip in beaten egg, coat fish with panko crumbs and place on a tray. Refrigerate while preparing the Mango Salsa.
- To make the Mango Salsa; Mix together the prepared mango, chilli, spring onion and herbs. Stir through lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Cook crumbed fish strips in batches over a medium-high heat, turning once, until golden and cooked. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish.
- Heat the tortillas according to packet directions.
- Place the lettuce across the centre of a tortilla. Top with the crumbed fish. Squeeze over Heinz Seriously Good Original Mayonnaise. Finish with the Mango Salsa. Fold the tortilla to enclose the filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.
- If snapper is not available you can also use tarakihi or gurnard
- If mango is not available, replace with 1/2 a pawpaw