We love when meals look super impressive but in reality are one of the easiest dishes to create.
With just 6 ingredients and the oven doing the hard work this meal is great midweek or for those ‘bring a dish’ get togethers!
Honey Mustard Chicken and Potato Bake
Servings: 5 people
- 500 grams skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 leek washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 500g jar Heinz Seriously Good Honey Mustard Simmer Sauce
- 400 grams red potatoes thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan assisted). Cut chicken into 2-3cm pieces. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add chicken and stir-fry over a high heat until the meat colours. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat. Add sliced leek and stir-fry over a medium heat until it softens. Pour over the wine and cook until wine is reduced by half. Return the chicken into the pan and pour over Heinz Seriously Good Honey Mustard Simmer Sauce. Stir until sauce is almost boiling. Transfer to a lasagne style ovenproof dish (2L capacity).
- Overlap the potatoes over the honey mustard chicken. Brush potatoes with a little extra olive oil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked. Serve with your favourite green vegetables.
- Potatoes need to the thinly sliced - a mandoline is a great kitchen gadget to use. If the potatoes are too thick, cooking time will need to be increased.
- Omit the wine if wished
- To switch it up you can replace the potatoes with kumara slices or use a mix of both.