Chia seeds are gluten-free and full of beneficial fats which help brain development. They also provide a great source of protein and are great for sustaining energy in busy little ones. This recipe is a great way to set your baby up for the day!
Suitable for kids aged 8+ months.
Chia Seed, Apple, Pear & Cinnamon Porridge
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 packets Rafferty's Garden Apple, Pear & Cinnamon 4+ month
- 1 tbsp Sulphur-free sultanas or currants
- 1/2 cup Milk (or non-dairy alternative eg coconut or almond milk)
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil melted
- In a small pan combine the Rafferty’s Apple, Pear and Cinnamon Puree, raisins, coconut oil and milk, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chia seeds to the pan and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until it absorbs the liquid.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 little jars or bowls and wait to cool before serving.
Age: 8 months+ Storage tip: Always store in an airtight container. Keep in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Variation tip: The addition of whole currants is suitable for babies from 12 months+ and recommended that they be supervised at all times.