Simple and tasty vegetable filled meatballs to help feed veggies to fussy bubs.
Suitable for kids aged 12+ months.
Simple and Sneaky Veggie Rissoles
- 1 kg beef mince
- 120 g Rafferty's Garden Red lentil, Carrot & Sweet Potato 8+ month
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl, and mix to combine.
- Scoop out 1-tablespoon sized portions and roll them into balls using your hands. Once you’ve made all of the mixture into balls, place them into the fridge for 30 minutes to make firm.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook the meatballs in batches, turning over when golden brown. Cook them for 5-6 minutes each side. Don’t overcrowd the pan when cooking.
- Serve with your favourite salad, mash or vegetables.
Optional: Store cooked meatballs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days, or in a sealed bag in the freezer for up to three months. Notes: Suitable for kids aged 12+ months.