Babies love the flavour of fruit so it makes sense to introduce new flavours with those that are already familiar
Suitable for kids aged 6+ months.
Chicken Casserole Puree
- 150 g chicken (equivalent to ½ chicken breast, 3 tenderloins or 1 chicken thigh)
- Splash olive oil
- 1/4 leek finely diced
- 1/2 small clove garlic (optional) crushed
- 1 cup reduced salt chicken stock or water
- 120 g Rafferty’s Garden Sweet Potato, Carrot & Apple 4+ month
- Place olive oil in saucepan, heat and lightly sauté leek and garlic, add chicken and continue to sauté lightly for 2 minutes (you want the chicken to stay white not turn brown)
- Add stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half
- Stir through a pouch of Rafferty’s Garden Sweet Potato, Carrot & Apple 4+ month 120g and then cover, turn heat off and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Blend mixture to desired consistency, adding water if needed.
Storage tip: Freeze remaining puree in ice cube trays or ½ cup serves in labelled and dated zip lock bags. Use within 3 months Note: Recipe is suitable for kids age 6+ months