This edible Christmas wreath is a beautiful, and healthy, centrepiece for your Christmas table.
Christmas Wreath Salad
- round white plate
- star cookie cutter
- Shooting star cookie cutter
- pomegranate seeds
- 1 red apple
- 1 orange
- 1 rainbow carrot optional
- handful pecan nuts or nut of your choice
- 100 gram mixed leaf
- 1 tbsp olive oil or oil of your choice
- 1 beetroot
- Wash mixed leaf, dry, and then arrange in a wreath shape around the plate.
- Peel orange, cut in half horizontally. Peel one half, cut into slices and cut in half again. Arrange at intervals around the wreath.
- Cut apple into thin slices and arrange in groups of two around the wreath.
- Peel beetroot and cut into thin rounds then cut with star cutter. Arrange around wreath.
- Sprinkle pecan and pomegranate seeds.
- Wash and peel carrot and cut into thin rounds. Scatter around wreath.
- Mix oil and juice from half lemon and sprinkle over wreath.
- Cut thin slices of cheese and then using the shooting star cookie cutter, cut 3 stars. Arrange around plate.
- If you don't fancy the idea of raw beetroot, quickly blanche for a few minutes in boiling water.
- Pomegranate seeds can be bought packaged (easy option!) or buy a fresh pomegranate, cut in half and then holding it with splayed fingers across the cut end, hit the skin firmly with something like a sharpening steel until the seeds pop out. Some pith will come with it so discard that.
- If you are not able to serve immediately sqeeze a little lemon juice over the apple.