Looking for festive foodie fun? These Santa leg cupcakes are easy for the children to make and are super cute. Ideal for a shared meal or Christmas day cuteness.
Be sure to check out the tips at the bottom of the recipe.
Santa Leg Cupcakes
- 4 cups self raising flour sifted
- 1 1/2 cups castor sugar sifted
- 1 cup cocoa sifted
- 1250 grams milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 250 grams butter melted
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 150 grams butter softened (not melted)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk warmed
Legs & feet
- thin red licorice eg Fabulicious Sherbert Fizz
- large black jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Set 30 cupcake cases on 2 trays.
- Mix flour, sifted cocoa and castor sugar together.
- Combine eggs, milk, butter and vanilla essence.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir gently with a metal spoon to combine.
- 2/4 fill cupcake cases and bake for 12-15 mins.
- Place butter in mixing bowl and mix for at least 5 minutes until pale.
- Add icing sugar slowly mixing really well between additions. Thin with milk until you get the consistency you like.
- Pipe onto cooked cupcakes.
Complete Santa Leg Cupcakes
- Insert your red legs into your iced cupcakes at a jaunty angle.
- Pipe white socks on to the top of the legs and pop a black jelly bean on each