Slow cooked Classic Cantonese perfection. Honey & Soy Chicken with its delicate ﬂavours of honey and ginger with soy sauce and red & green capsicum.
Sweet and savoury ﬂavours in Ready Sauce make this dish a family favourite.
Classic Honey & Soy Chicken
- slow cooker (or use stove top or oven)
- 600 grams chicken thigh diced
- 300 grams onion sliced strips
- 200 grams carrot sliced strips
- 1 red capsicum sliced strips
- 1 green capsicum sliced strips
- 2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Minced Garlic
- 3 tsp ginger crushed
- 300-400 mls water
- salt and pepper
- 1 packet Lee Kum Kee Slow Cook Sauce for Classic Honey & Soy Chicken
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a suitable pan and fry the diced chicken meat until browned.
- Place into a slow cooker (if using) on high with all remaining ingredients except the capsicums which need to be added 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Cook 4-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- More water can be added as required. Can be thickened with a little corn ﬂour.
Can also be cooked on the stove top or in the oven using a cast iron pot or casserole dish.