Who doesn’t love some french toast on a Saturday morning? Ditch your old recipe and give this delish one a try. It’s so easy even the kids can help make it!
French Toast - Eggy Bread
Who doesn't love some french toast on a Saturday morning? Ditch your old recipe and give this delish one a try. It's so easy even the kids can help make it!
Servings: 3 people
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 6-8 slices toast style bread
- Mix 6 eggs and 4 tablespoons milk in a bowl with a pinch of cinnamon. Mix well.
- Cut 6 to 8 thick toast slices of bread – these can then be cut into halves or triangles if you wish.
- Heat a little butter in a non-stick frypan over a medium heat.
- Dip bread one piece at a time into the egg and milk mixture. Coat both sides well.
- Put coated bread into fry pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side – or until golden.
- You should be able to cook 2 – 4 pieces at a time depending on the size of your pan.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread (add a little more butter if needed between batches).
- Serve warm with fresh or tinned fruit and a spoon of yoghurt, or with sliced banana and runny honey or maple syrup.
- For a special treat, serve with sliced banana and lean bacon.
- Optional: Add a couple of drops of vanilla essence into the egg mix and stir in well.