If bacon and eggs is a breakfast favourite in your family, try switching up your mornings with this easy alternative. Grab the eggs, bacon and some veggies and whip together this frittata in no time.
Perfect for those busy mornings or even as an addition to the lunchbox.
Switch up your morning bacon and eggs for these delicious mini frittatas that are a great way to get some extra vegetables into the kids.
Servings: 6 people
- 4 eggs size 7
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 red onion chopped finely
- 2 slices ham or bacon chopped
- 1/2 fresh chilli finely chopped and deseeded
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 30 gram Tasty or Cheddar cheese grated
- Pre heat oven to 180ºC.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan on medium heat and cook onion, ham, chilli, red capsicum and spring onions over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until onion is turning translucent and soft.
- Stir in fresh parsley, remove pan from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place eggs, milk and cheese in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Stir in the ham/bacon mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between four lightly greased small pots or dishes and bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle and golden brown on top.
- Set aside to cool for 5 mins to serve – and you can also flip them out onto a rack for a firmer base.
- Serve warm or cold.