Fresh veges with feta, eggs and ham and baked together in one dish.
Add mixed salad greens and you have a meal! For a vegetarian version, leave out the ham.
Tomato and Ham Bake
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 grams butter
- 200 grams button mushrooms chopped
- 3 spring onions thinly sliced
- 4 large zucchinis
- 100 grams deli ham roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- 200 grams feta
- salt and pepper to serve
- 125 grams cherry tomatoes halved
- Mixed salad greens to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a 7-cup capacity baking dish.
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until golden. Reduce heat to medium and add onions and capsicum. Cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl and cool
- Using a vegetable peeler, run blade down length of zucchini forming ribbons. Line prepared baking dish over base and sides with zucchini, overlapping slightly. Place ham into base of dish over zucchini.
- Whisk eggs and add vegetables and feta. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into baking dish, spreading evenly. Place tomato halves over bake, cut side up. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and set. Serve with salad greens.