A super tasty alternative to traditional pizza, this light dinner is gluten free and tastes great. A pizza style frittata that serves five.
Friday Night Pizza Frittata
Servings: 5 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 100 grams button mushrooms sliced
- 1 red pepper finely sliced
- 8 eggs
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tasty cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 100 grams salami sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a 28cm frying pan and gently cook the onion and garlic until just tender. Add the mushrooms and pepper to the pan and cook over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, turning at times.
- Whisk together the eggs, oregano, and milk, season with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the frying pan and cook for a few minutes before arranging the pepper, salami and olives over the surface and then sprinkle over the grated parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Continue to cook until the edges pull away from the side of the pan and then transfer to the oven to cook until the frittata is just set, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with steamed greens or a crisp green salad.