Promotion for Hellers
Hellers are here to make your life a whole lot easier and your dinner a lot yummier with their new range of Hellers Crafty Cooks Diced Chorizo and Bacon Strips.
Ready to eat, you can add these into your favourite dishes for quick and easy meals for your tribe. They’re in convenient twin packs so you can keep them fresher for longer.
They’re also Made in NZ and Gluten Free with no artificial colours or flavours. Unleash your inner chef and use these in frittatas, risottos, pastas, fried rice and salads, the list goes on!
Use Hellers Crafty Cooks Diced Chorizo in this simple, nutritious caesar style salad that you can have on the table in just 30 minutes!
Chorizo Caesar style Salad with Healthy Dressing
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices thick wholegrain or sourdough
- 1 pack Hellers Diced Chorizo
- ½ small red onion very finely sliced very finely sliced
- 1 head head romaine lettuce or 2 packs of cos lettuce
- 2 lemons
- 30 grams finely grated parmesan
- 150 grams natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 anchovies optional
- extra finely grated parmesan
- extra lemon wedges
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Boil eggs for 8 mins, peel, cut each egg into quarters lengthways and set aside.
- Tear the bread slices into small pieces approx. the size of your thumbnail. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 mins then toss them with tongs and bake a further 5-6 mins till golden but not burnt. Watch carefully as they can turn very quickly ! Take out and set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients including the juice of one lemon in a medium bowl. Fold through the red onion and set aside.
- Wash and tear the romaine lettuce to various sizes – do the same for the cos lettuce if required.
- Fry off the diced chorizo in a pan over medium heat with a tbsp of oil until they begin to crisp approx. 5-8 mins remove with a slotted spoon onto a plate. Turn off the heat and immediately throw in the baked croutons and toss through the chorizo flavoured oil coating well. Remove from the fry pan onto the same plate as the diced chorizo.
- To assemble spread the dressing over the bottom of the serving platter or onto each individual plate. Pile the torn cos lettuce over the dressing and sprinkle with diced chorizo and croutons. Toss the salad gently and thoroughly with the dressing. Finish with placing on the boiled egg slices and extra grated parmesan. Lovely served with extra lemon wedges.