Chicken Waldorf Salad
Servings: 4 portions
- 500 g hot water
- 500 g chicken breasts cut into slices (1 cm thickness)
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- olive oil for drizzling
- ground black pepper to season
- salt to season
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 20 g lemon juice
- 60 g sour cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/2 fresh pineapple peeled, cored, quartered and cut into thin slices (see notes)
- 2 celery stalks cut into thin slices
- 1 red apple unpeeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 2 spring onions/shallots trimmed, and cut into thin slices
- 1 orange peeled and segmented (optional)
- 50 g walnuts broken into pieces (optional)
- Place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position and weigh chicken into it. Sprinkle chicken with tarragon, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper, then secure Varoma lid and steam 8-10 min/Varoma/speed 4 or until chicken is cooked. Remove Varoma and set aside to cool. Rinse mixing bowl.
- Place mayonnaise, lemon juice, sour cream, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a bowl. Add cooled chicken and toss to coat.
- Arrange watercress onto a serving platter. Top with pineapple, celery, apple, spring onions/shallots, orange segments (optional) and coated chicken with dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts (optional) to serve.
- If pineapple isn't available or in season, you can replace it with red or green seedless grapes.
- To save time, you can prepare your fruit and vegetables while your chicken is steaming.