A quick and easy breakfast that is packed for all nutrients, this delicious recipe takes no time to whip together.
Grilled Asparagus and Poached Eggs
How delicious does this look? An easy recipe that is scrumptious and uses the best of nature's simplicity.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 spears fresh asparagus
- 2 large fresh eggs
- optional: parmesan cheese, greens
- Bring a pan of water just to the boil then reduce to a light simmer.
- Heat a griddle pan on a high heat.
- Rinse the asparagus and pat dry. Snap the woody ends off and char grill them with a dash of olive oil for a few minutes on each side.
- While the asparagus is grilling, poach the eggs in the water for around 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove the cooked eggs and drain each egg, in the spoon on a paper towel, then place egg on top of the grilled asparagus.
- To serve – grate some fresh parmesan on top – or if you prefer, freshly ground black pepper.
- This recipe can also use steamed asparagus, and eggs can be fried if you prefer a crunchy texture.
- Serve on fresh toast for a more substantial breakfast.