Cook these little lamb patties in the oven as a fast way to feed your hungry but happy crowd once you’ve served up these yummy mini lamb burgers with a side dip to satisfy their bellies.
- 1kg lamb mince
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place all of the patty ingredients, except the olive oil, into a food processor and process until combined. Form them into small patties.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry each patty for 2 minutes each side to brown. Place on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
Preheat the griller.
Split your buns and place the rocket on each one with a dollop of mayonnaise. Place a patty on top with a little cheese.
Place under the griller for 3 minutes until the cheese is just melted. Add some tomato sauce to each burger and place the bun on top. Serve immediately.
- If you try to fry these little lamb patties in the pan until cooked through they just dry out. Cooking them in the oven in bulk is a much faster way to feed a hungry crowd. You can brown these the day before and pop them into the oven when you are ready to eat.
- I like to serve a nice bowl of tzatziki beside these burgers. The dip matches very well with lamb flavours.
- Be really careful to watch when you are melting the cheese. You want it just melted on your hamburger.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.