Kids love slime! This crazy trend may have already infiltrated your home but this quick and easy step-by-step one ups a few others – there’s no chemicals needed!
Grab the kids in the kitchen and get ready to make this fun slime – it’s a great science experiment too!
What do you need?
- 2 bottles of washable glue – pref. PVA
- 1 to 2 drops of food colouring
- 1/4 cup of glitter (choose biodegradable if you can)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of a saline solution (i.e. contact lens solution)
- Pour the glue into a medium mixing bowl and stir through the food colouring and glitter. Give it a quick mix-through.
- Add the baking soda to the glue and stir until smooth.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of the saline solution and stir through glue slowly. Now the mixture should begin to harden and become stringy.
- Keep mixing until a ball begins to form.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and work it between your hands, continuing to do so until it become smooth. If you find it is too slimy, pop it back in the bowl and work through another 1/2 tablespoon of saline solution.
- Once mixed, get to playing or pop in an airtight container for later
What colour slime are you going to make?