These no-bake Nutella bars are packed with oats and cocoa to make tasty little chocolate squares. Top them with your favourite sprinkles.
No-bake Nutella bars
- 120g butter
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or essence
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Bubbles
Line a slice pan with baking paper and set aside.
In a large saucepan melt the butter then add sugar, cocoa and milk. Whisk together and bring to the boil. Boil for one minute. Remove from heat.
Add the Nutella, vanilla, rolled oats and rice bubbles to the pan and combine well.
Pour into slice pan and smooth flat with the back of a metal spoon. Scatter over your choice of sprinkles. (I used coated chocolate chips.)
Refrigerate until set. This will take about 3 hours. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- The rice bubbles add crunch to these bars, but leave them out if you don’t like them.
- If you don’t have a slice tin, you can spoon little mounds of this onto a baking-paper covered tray and make little ‘bites’.
Related slice recipes:
- Anzac slice
- Apple and sour cream slice
- Banana slice
- Caramel slice
- Cherry ripe slice
- Chocolate coconut slice
- Chocolate peppermint slice
- Coconut rice slice
- Too-easy lemon slice
- Oreo poke cake
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.