Promotion for Harraways
Beat the cold weather with a winter-warming breakfast using Harraways Less Sugar Raspberry Coconut Oats. Pancakes are an all-time breakfast favourite and made with oats that have a burst of freeze-dried raspberry flavour, you can start your day the luxurious way!
For more than 150 years Harraways has been milling oats the traditional way on the same site in Dunedin. They have become famous for their distinctive creamy porridge, as well as their new and innovative products like Harraways Less Sugar Raspberry Coconut Oats which combines premium South Island grown quick-cook oats with zesty freeze-dried raspberries and lightly toasted coconut. The formulation creates delicious creamy porridge and is great in oat pancakes too!
Harraways Less Sugar Raspberry Coconut Oats are also a good source of fibre and, for optimal health and wellness reasons, they *contain 25% less sugar than Harraways Flavoured Single Sachet Range.
Ultimate Breakfast Oat Pancakes
- ¾ cup Harraways Raspberry Coconut Oats
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¾ cup milk
- 25 grams butter, melted plus extra for cooking
- seasonal fresh fruit and maple syrup, to serve
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, and make a well in the middle. Combine egg, milk and melted butter, and pour into the well. Add Harraways Raspberry Coconut Oats and stir to combine.
- Leave to sit for 5 minutes. Beat egg white until just stiff and fold through batter.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Melt a little butter and allow to sizzle, then drop in ¼ cup of pancake batter. Cook until bubbles appear, then flip. Cook the other side until golden.
- Place pancakes on a warmed plate and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with fresh fruit and syrup.