Thanks a brunch! A super tasty recipe that is so versatile and perfect for any time of day. This is a really interesting Italian inspired dish that a can be adapted to suit your taste.
Cheesy Broccoli Fingers
- 2 heads broccoli (650g) cut into florets
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup light thickened cream
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 3 green shallots thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- ¾ cup finely grated parmesan
- micro herbs to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm x 3cm deep lamington pan with baking paper.
- Half fill a medium saucepan with water and place over a high heat. When water comes to the boil, add broccoli and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Roughly chop.
- Whisk eggs, cream, flour, salt and pepper (if desired) in a large bowl. Add broccoli, shallots, ¾ cup tasty cheese and ½ cup parmesan. Stir until well combined and season with salt and pepper. Gently pour mixture into prepared cake pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining tasty and parmesan cheese. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and set.
- Cut slice into wedges or fingers and serve sprinkled with micro herbs.
- Sweet potato – Preheat oven to 200C. Cut 650g sweet potato into 2cm cubes and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender. Cool. Add to egg mixture and bake as above.
- Pumpkin – Preheat oven to 200C. Cut 800g piece pumpkin into 2cm cubes and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for 35 minutes or until tender. Cool. Add to egg mixture and bake as above.