Try this roast chicken with a delicious Asian twist!
The chicken is poached in soy sauce and spices then roasted with a sticky, sweet and savoury honey oyster sauce glaze. Serve with fragrant coriander rice and steamed greens.
Sticky Asian Roast Chicken
- 2 cups Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 6 slices fresh ginger
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 1/2 litres water
- 1/2 cup Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce
- 3 tbsp manuka honey
- 1 pack pak choy
- 500 grams cooked white long grain rice
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- In a large pot ( large enough to poach the whole chicken), mix soy sauce and water. Add garlic, ginger and star anise then bring to boil.
- Add the chicken, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stand chicken in liquid for 5 minutes. Remove chicken and put on a roasting tray.
- Preheat oven to 160 ⁰C. Mix honey and oyster sauce in a small bowl to make the glaze.
- Brush the chicken with the glazing evenly. Put in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Brush with more glaze every 10-15 minutes during the cooking.
- While the chicken is in the oven, cook the rice according to the packet instructions and steam the pak choy.
- Garnish chicken with coriander and serve hot with rice and steamed pak choy.