Cheese, onion and cauliflower make perfect partners in this dish that combines simple ingredients, herbs and spices to deliver a tasty dinner that serves 5
Easy Cauliflower and Red Onion Bake
Servings: 5 people
- 1 small head of cauliflower (or half a large one)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup tasty cheddar cheese grated
- 1 red onion sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup cooked long grain white rice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a 20 x 28cm baking dish
- Divide the cauliflower into florets and arrange in a roasting dish.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt, cumin, paprika, coriander and cayenne and bake for 15 minutes until the cauliflower is starting to colour.
- Whisk the eggs together with the cream in a large bowl and stir through the cheeses.
- Arrange the cauliflower and onion in the baking dish and scatter over the rice. Pour over the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is just set. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.