The goodness of sweet potato and Weet-Bix, in fun bite-sized nuggets perfect for little hands.
New Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials is designed specifically for little kids with a tailored blend of ingredients including prebiotics, high fibre, 3 whole grains, 9 essential vitamins & minerals, and is low in sugar.
Sweet Potato Nuggets
- 4 Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials
- 1 medium sweet potato (approx. 300 g) steamed
- 2 tbsp Parmesan (optional) grated
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Finely crush 2 Weet-Bix into a shallow bowl. Stir through half the Parmesan (if using) and set aside.
- Place sweet potato flesh into a separate bowl and use a fork to mash well. Discard skin, or reserve for another use.
- Finely crush remaining 2 Weet-Bix into the bowl with the sweet potato. Add remaining Parmesan and stir well.
- Divide sweet potato mixture into 1 Tbsp portions (approx 12 – 14) and form into balls. Dredge in the Weet-Bix and Parmesan mixture, flatten slightly to form into ‘nugget’ shapes, and place on prepared tray. Spray lightly with cooking oil
- Bake 20 minutes until crisp and golden. Serve with dipping sauce and cucumber sticks.
- For a dairy-free or vegan nugget, omit Parmesan, or replace with a non-dairy alternative.