- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 50g butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 50g butter (for frying)
In a medium bowl, sift the flour and mix in the sugar and salt.
Whisk in the butter, eggs and milk until a smooth batter forms.
Stir in the mashed banana.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and brush with butter.
Pour ¼ cup measures of batter into the frying pan. Cook until bubbles form on top and flip and cook through.
- These pikelets are freezable so you can make a batch for now and some for later or to keep for lunch boxes.
- I am guilty of dipping these in maple syrup when I need something sweet.
Find related pikelet recipes
- Pikelets with chocolate sauce
- Ricotta pikelets
- Smoked salmon and pikelet salad
- Corn and cheese pikelet
- Ricotta pancakes with honeycomb
- Pancakes with strawberry mascapone
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand