- 1 bunch kale
- 10ml (2 tsp) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
Preheat oven to 200°C conventional (180°C fan-forced). Roughly chop the kale and set aside.
Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and gently cook the onion, carrot, celery and pancetta for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and kale and stir well.
Tip mixture into an ovenproof dish and dot the top with crumbled feta.
Bake for 20 minutes and serve with warm bread.
Find related healthy dinner recipes
- Fish in foil
- Pan-fried lamb salad
- Vietnamese rice paper rolls
- Turkey and mango parcels
- Spring lamb with dukkah yoghurt
- Vegetable tagine with couscous
- Healthy roast lamb
- Beer can chicken
- Tom yum soup
- Chicken in Oyster sauce stirfry
- Why do we call kale a superfood? Kale is rich in vitamins A,C and K and extremely rich in phytonutrients.
- This is one of those dishes that looks pretty humble on their own, but add some beautiful warm sourdough, good butter and what you have is a really lovely dinner.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.