- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chilli, minced
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons Chicken Stock Powder
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 420 grams canned four bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
Spray a non-stick saucepan with oil and cook onion, garlic and chilli over medium heat until soft.
Add rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add tomato puree and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Add stock powder and water and bring to the boil, then add vegetables and beans. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in almonds and heat through..