Zesty salmon spaghetti
- 500g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g salmon fillet
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 200g light sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated, and juice
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
Heat 2 tsp oil in a non-stick frypan and cook salmon fillets for 3 minutes each side. Remove and set aside.
Wipe out frypan and return to a medium heat. Add remaining oil, onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until onion is soft, being careful not to brown it. Pour over white wine and allow to bubble and simmer for one minute.
Add sour cream and cream and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly reduced and thickened. Finally, add lemon zest, juice and parsley. Season well to taste.
Drain pasta and add to cream sauce, tossing to coat. Flake cooked salmon fillets and carefully fold through spaghetti. Serve.
- Toss blanched peas or fresh spinach through the cream sauce to ‘green’ it up a bit.
- Further enhance the salmon flavour by including some flaked hot-smoked salmon.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s beståÊrecipe finderåÊby Greer Worsley, who blogs atåÊTypically Red.