Creamy garlic prawns
- 100g butter
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 500g green peeled prawns, tails intact
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 8 basil leaves, finely chopped.
In a frying pan, melt butter and add garlic, heating until just bubbling.
Pour in dry white wine and bring to the boil.
Add prawns in a single layer and cook for a minute on each side.
Pour cream over and bring to the boil.
Stir in basil.
Remove prawns with a slotted spoon and continue simmering sauce until it is reduced by one third.
Return prawns to the sauce and serve on a bed of rice garnished with fresh basil.
Find related seafood recipes
- Chilli, lime and coriander prawns
- Pork and prawn dumplings recipe
- Prawns with avocado salsa
- Lemon and calamari salad
- Tomato and chilli mussels with sourdough garlic bread
- Seafood risotto
- These taste just like restaurant-style garlic prawns and you will be surprised how easy it is to make them at home.
- Be careful not to burn the garlic when you add it to the butter. It needs to be cooked just a little to release the flavours.
- The prawns cook in very little time and it’s important not to overcook them so they retain that fresh firm texture.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.