Princess cupcake dress
- 2 quantities Quick chocolate cupcakes (36)
- 1 quantity Buttercream icing
- pink food colouring
- silver paper
Step 1. Cover a large piece of cardboard with silver paper and set aside.
Step 2. Set aside enough icing for 3 cupcakes. Add one drop of food colouring at a time to the remaining icing with the mixer running. Using a rosette tip, fill an icing bag with white icing and pipe icing on 3 cupcakes. Use the pink icing to pipe the remaining cupcakes. Arrange into dress shape on the cake board, positioning the 3 white cupcakes as the 'waist' of the dress.
Step 3. Tie a bow with the ribbon and place on the 'waist' of the dress. Position the wand and tiara on cake board.
Find more Birthday Cake recipes:
- Balloon birthday cake
- Birthday cake recipes
- Bouncing balls birthday cake
- Chocolate owl birthday cake
- Chocolate-dipped strawberry flower birthday cake
- Cupcake tower birthday cake
- Dino birthday cake
- Easy lolly birthday cake recipe
- Flower pot birthday cake
- Handbag birthday cake
- Hollywood starlet birthday cake
- Ice cream cone birthday cake
- Island birthday cake
- Make-up compact birthday cake
- Marshmallow flower birthday cake
- Mermaid treasure birthday cake
- My Little Pony birthday cake
- Pirate ship birthday cake
- Princess birthday cake
- Simple marshmallow birthday cake recipe
- Soccer field birthday cake
- Spaceship birthday cake
- We used 36 cupcakes for this dress, but you could easily make just 26 cupcakes and still make the dress like we have in the smaller image.
- Don't forget that the quick chocolate cupcake mixture makes cupcake and not muffin-sized cupcakes, otherwise you won't have enough mixture.
- Our dress is pink but you could leave it white, or tint the icing with red and blue to make a purple dress.
- If you have time, this dress would look pretty decorated with cachous.
- If you need to transport this cupcake dress you can smear some icing on the bottom of the cupcakes so they adhere to the board.
- You could alternately use our 2 ingredient chocolate cupcakes recipe for these dresses.
- If you are looking for some sweet cupcakes you will love these Apple and worm cupcakes.
- If you would prefer a vanilla cupcake then these Basic cupcakes will do the job.
- Plain Cupcakes can easily be flavoured to your liking.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.