Bill GrangeråÕs coconut loaf
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 and half a cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 150g dessicated or shredded coconut
- 75g butter, melted
Preheat oven to 180C (170 if fan-forced).
Lightly whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla essence in one bowl.
In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon and combine. Add coconut and sugar.
Make a well into the dry ingredients, and pour in the egg/milk mix, stir gently until all combined, but don’t overdo it.
Pour in melted butter and stir again until combined well, but again, don’t over-stir.
Pour into greased and floured loaf tin and bake on middle shelf for 1 hour.
Leave to cool slightly, and then slice/toast to serve.
- This coconut loaf makes a great special breakfast option. And if you slice the loaf and freeze the slices with freezer plastic between each slice, its an easy special breakfast too!
- If you are thinking about making this recipe, keep in mind that it is super-easy to make: no mixer required, all ingredients are pantry staples AND it smells fantastic when its cooking.
- Bill suggests a glob of butter on toasted slices of coconut loaf and perhaps a light dusting of icing sugar and this certainly works for me!
- You could take a slice to work and pop it into the toaster there is a perfect at-your-desk brekkie!