- 1 and a half cups self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- half a teaspoon salt
- half a teaspoon baking soda
- one cup sugar
- half a cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- half a teaspoon vanilla
- strawberry jam (or your favorite flavour)
Preheat oven to 190C. Place patty pans in muffin tin.
Melt butter and set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
In another medium bowl, mix together eggs, milk, vanilla and cooled melted butter.
Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix until blended.
Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Place one spoonful of strawberry jam into each muffin, pushing down with end of spoon.
Muffins will rise over the jam to make a surprise inside. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.