Easy rhubarb jam
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb (about 6 medium stalks)
- 2 and a half cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pkt Cottees strawberry jelly crystals
Chop rhubarb in smallish chunks, put in saucepan and add water.
Stir continuously and boil until rhubarb goes soft. This takes about 4 minutes.
Add sugar and boil, stirring until it dissolves – about 2 minutes.
Turn off heat and pour in jelly crystals, stir until dissolved.
Pour into sterilised jars if canning or freezerware/tupperware if storing in fridge or freezer.
- I know that half a cup of water doesn’t seem enough but it is. Trust me!
- If you have never made jam and thought it was too hard, this Rhubarb jam recipe may make you change your mind.
- We will be eating this on our ricotta hotcakes for breakky tomorrow morning!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.