A pink party is perfect for many ages and stages from a first birthday up to teens (or even gender reveals!). It is particularly popular with three-year-old girls.
Of course you need to start with a pink invitation – anything to suit the age of the birthday girl as long as it is very pink and pretty. Buy a ready made invitation or make your own. Don’t forget to ask guests to come dressed in pink (or at least wear one thing pink).
Decorations for your pink party
- The table must be covered in pink – plates cups, napkins, cloth and runners. To make the table and decorations interesting include a variety of shades of pink and some patterns such as polka dots and stripes in runners, napkins and other decorations.
- Use lots of balloons in all the shades of pink and add something interesting such as pink bunting, feather boas or lots of pink tulle.
- If your party girl already loves pink you will find you have lots of it around the house already, so make use of it to decorate the party.
Games to play at your pink party
- Have a pink fashion parade.
- Play pass the (pink) parcel – wrap everything in pink and include novelties and lollies only in pink.
- Find pink items of treasure in the garden.
- Play a guessing game asking guests to name as many pink items as they can.
- Use hairspray and give the guests pink hair.
- Paint finger and toenails with pink nail varnish.
- Make loads of pink icing and invite the guests to decorate their own cakes and cookies.
Pink party food
- Ice cupcakes with pink icing and top them with pink fairy floss.
- Fill jugs or mini milk bottles with pink milk or raspberry flavoured fizzy drink.
- Make pink jelly and decorate with pink lollies.
- Ice store bought plain biscuits with pink icing and sprinkle with coconut.
- Fill giant glass bowls or vases with pink and white lollies such as marshmallows, milk bottles and mini musks.
- Make mini strawberry jam sandwiches and use pink sprinkles on fairy bread.
Pink party bags
- Take home party bags of course need to be filled with pink lollies and trinkets.
- Decorate with personalized tags and pretty pink ribbons.
- Alternatively find one really nice pink gift for each guests and wrap it in gorgeous pink wrap and ribbons.