Dukkah-crusted salmon and chickpea salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g skinless salmon, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1/3 cup dukkah
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 80g rocket leaves
Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Coat salmon liberally in dukkah. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through, turning often to ensure it browns on all sides. Transfer to a plate lined with absorbent paper.
Meanwhile, whisk extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and cumin in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
Divide dressed salad evenly between four plates. Top with dukkah-crusted salmon.
Find related salmon recipes
- Asian salmon salad
- Baked salmon
- Baked salmon with leek and fennel
- Creamy smoked salmon pasta
- Creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle
- Family fish pie
- Salmon cakes
- Salmon filo pies
- Salmon fish fingers
- Salmon macaroni bake
- Salmon mornay
- Salmon sushi
- Salmon with chermoula potatoes
- Salmon with green salsa
- Salmon with miso noodle salad
- Salmon with zesty citrus salsa
- Salmon, corn and dill risotto
- Be careful not to overcook the salmon as it will be dry.
- Chicken or white fish would also be delicious served this way.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.