Tuna and rice stuffed capsicums
4 as entrÌ©e or 2 as main
Gluten-free, egg-free, lactose-free, nut-free
- 2 large red capsicum, halved, seeds and membrane removed
- olive oil spray
- 185g can tuna in oil (I used Sirena tuna in chilli oil), drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onions
- Quarter of preserved lemon rind, flesh removed
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
Preheat the oven to 180å¡C.
Place capsicum on a baking tray, cut-side up, spray lightly with oil and roast for 15 minutes.
To prepare filling, place tuna, chives or green onions, preserved lemon and rice in a bowl, mix to combine. Fill capsicum shells with tuna mixture.
It seems like there is too much filling, but press the mixture in firmly and it will all fit!åÊ Return to oven and bake for a further 30 minutes until capsicums are tender.
Serve with a twist of lemon and extra green onions.
- The sweetness of the roasted capsicums is a lovely contrast to the zing of the preserved lemons and salty tuna.
- If you do not have preserved lemons, use the zest of a lemon finely chopped.
- I added a bit of reserved chilli oil from the tuna to help bind all the filling ingredients together, you could also use lemon juice or mayonnaise.
- Steam extra rice and then you are all ready to make Incy mincy fried rice tomorrow night.