Beetroot and goat’s cheese salad
- 2-3 beetroot
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 100g rocket
- 100g soft goat's cheese
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Remove leaves and stems from beetroot and wrap each bulb in foil. Place on a tray and bake for 40-50 minutes until tender. Check by piercing with a skewer. Once cool enough to handle, rub off skin and slice into wedges.
Remove crusts from bread and tear into bite-size pieces. Heat oil in a frypan and cook bread for 4-5 minutes, tossing often, until golden and crispy. Lower heat and add garlic. Cook for a further minute. Remove from heat and sprinkle with parmesan. Set aside.
For dressing, combine ingredients in a jar and shake well.
Toss rocket and beetroot with the dressing and place on serving platter. Crumble goats cheese over the top, add croutons and serve.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad
- For a quicker version, you could use tinned baby beetroot.
- If buying beetroot in bunches, you may be able to use the leaves in the salad instead of, or as well as, rocket.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.