- 1 cup sultanas
- 2 cups cornflakes (gluten-free)
- 1 cup (75g) flaked almonds
- 100g packet red glace cherries, chopped
- 2/3 cup (160mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 75g white chocolate
- 75g dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
Place sultanas, cornflakes, almonds, cherries and condensed milk in a large bowl. Mix well to combine. Drop two tablespoons of mixture onto the trays about 3 cm apart. Squish the mixture of each biscuit together a bit to make them more compact. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. While the biscuits cool on the trays, melt the chocolate.
Lay out some clean non-stick baking paper. Spread half the bases with white chocolate and half with dark chocolate. Place the biscuits, chocolate-side down on the baking paper until set. Trust me, they will set beautifully and not stick!
- Florentines really do only need 5 minutes in the oven, don’t walk away from the kitchen or, like me, you will be throwing your first batch out!
- I use gluten-free cornflakes to make the Florentines gluten-free.