- 500g new potatoes, skin on
- 185g tin tuna, drained
- 1 egg
- half a cup carrot, grated
- half a cup zucchini, grated (corn also good)
- half a cup tasty cheese
- half a cup wholemeal flour
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
Cut potatoes into quarters, put in a saucepan with cold salted water and bring to the boil. Once soft, drain water and mash potatoes with the skin on.
In a large mixing bowl add remaining ingredients except the oil.
Add potato mash to tuna mixture, season with salt and pepper then fold ingredients together until well combined.
Shape patties using your hands – I use a cup measurement for each patty.
Heat a large frying pan; add oil and once heated, place the patties in the oil and fry until golden brown.
Cook the patties in several batches for best results.
- I like to leave the skin on new potatoes because it is so thin and holds all the nutrients- and my kids never notice.
- For variety, mix up your veggies. If your child loves sweet potato, make a potato/ sweet potato mash for something different.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.