Whether you’re trying to cut down on carbs, stay full, build lean muscle, lose weight, recharge for the day or just keep in good health, a high-protein dinner is a very smart choice. We’ve compiled 20 of the best.
Just because you’re eating meat-free, doesn’t mean you can’t pack a protein punch, as these veggo recipes will attest!
1. Roast veggies with goat’s cheese and lentils
All the goodness of veggies with the power of protein courtesy of the cheese and lentils, served with a double helping of yum.
- See here for the Roast veggies with goat’s cheese and lentils recipe.
2. Thai roasted tofu with ginger basil and chilli vegetables
High-protein tofu gets a turbo-boosted flavour charge thanks to Thai herbs and spices – there’ll be no accusations of tofu blandness here!
- See here for the Thai-roasted tofu with ginger, basil and chilli vegetables recipe.
3. White bean peperonata
Tasty and easily rustled up with pantry ingredients, this is the perfect way to pack some pulse protein power into a veggo dish.
- See here for the White bean peperonata recipe.
4. Pumpkin and chickpea salad
A bright, healthy salad that is also super filling thanks to our friend the chickpea. Onya, chickpea.
- See here for the Pumpkin and chickpea salad recipe.
Eggs and cheese
Nothing like a bit of dairy goodness to up the protein factor.
5. Chorizo kale and feta frittata
You’ve got your chorizo, you’ve got your feta, you’ve got your eggs … this is a protein smorgasbord, peeps!
- See here for the Chorizo kale and feta frittata recipe.
6. Healthy bacon and vegetable frittata
Cheap, cheerful, healthy and you can bung it on the dinner table in 20 minutes flat. Plus, that whole protein thing.
- See here for the Healthy bacon and vegetable frittata recipe.
7. Crustless quiche
A delish bacon and cheese quiche without the heaviness of a crust.
- See here for the Crustless quiche recipe.
With the weather still warm, what easier way to get some protein into you than firing up the barbie?
8. Chargrilled lamb and vegetables
Quick and easy, this one also boasts being egg, gluten and lactose-free. Bit of a show-off, really.
- See here for the Chargrilled lamb and vegetables recipe.
9. BBQ pork ribs
Sticky and delicious, these finger lickin’ good pork ribs will have your family saying, “carb who?”
- See here for the BBQ pork ribs recipe.
10. Sausage salad
Bangers don’t have to be served on a slice of bread or with a side of mash, y’know. Pair them with a salad to get more bang for your banger!
- See here for the Sausage salad recipe.
You can’t go past healthy, figure-friendly fish as a perfect source of protein … and most of these have an additional hit of protein from another food source, too.
11. Barbecued salmon with asparagus
Simple but eye-rollingly good. And very proteiny. Cos that’s what this post is all about, kids!
- See here for the Barbecued salmon with asparagus recipe.
12. Dukkah-crusted salmon and chickpea salad
Multiple sources of protein here, guys. Multiple. And it’s rather fancy and a wee bit tasty too.
- See here for the Dukkah-crusted salmon and chickpea salad recipe.
13. Macadamia-crusted fish
The added protein power of nuts also lends a delectable crunch to the barramundi’s sweet flavours.
- See here for the Macadamia-crusted fish recipe.
Our dear friend the chook has plenty of protein tucked under those little wings. And there are plenty of ways to serve it up to double up on protein power.
14. Chicken rissoles with mash and gravy
Nothing like a good old rissole to please the kiddies, paired with some mash, gravy and relish for a complete meal. And plenty of protein for everyone.
- See here for the Chicken rissoles .
15. Warm chicken, avocado and mango salad
A beautiful, light and healthy summer dish. That whole protein thing is just a bonus.
- See here for the Warm chicken, avocado and mango salad recipe.
16. Chicken and haloumi patties
With two great sources of protein, this recipe also wins for being super versatile – you can serve these babies up any number of ways.
- See here for the Chicken and haloumi patties recipe.
17. 3-ingredient dukkah chicken
What it lacks in ingredients, it makes up for in protein. Anyone else starting to get sick of seeing the word protein? Just me then …
- See here for the 3-ingredient dukkah chicken recipe.
18. Beef and feta koftas
Greek-style beef mince is perfect with feta and served with a large dollop of yoghurt for extra you-know-what.
- See here for the Beef and feta koftas recipe.
19. BBQ beef san choi bao
This Asian classic combines beef mince with an irresistible Chinese barbecue sauce, all served in a delectable little lettuce cup. A sure-fire winner with the whole family.
- See here for the BBQ beef san choi bao recipe.
20. Hearty beef and quinoa stew
All the protein power of delicious chunks of beef – and betcha didn’t know that quinoa is a none-too-shabby protein source too. Sigh, is there nothing that ancient grain can’t do?
- See here for the Hearty beef and quinoa stew recipe.