Honey yoghurt cupcakes recipe
- 2/3 cup raw caster sugar
- 2 oranges, zested
- 175g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 250ml (1 cup) natural, Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup mixed blueberries and sliced strawberries
Line a 12-hole cupcake tin with paper cases and preheat the oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced.
Rub sugar and orange zest together with your fingertips until it is a fragrant, orange powder.
Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next.
Fold through flour and then, using an ice cream scoop (if you have one, if not a teaspoon will do) fill each case.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Meanwhile mix honey and yoghurt together.
Slice tops off each cupcake and spoon out a little from centre before filling holes with yoghurt and making faces with berries and/or little butterfly-style strawberry wings.
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Feta and spinach muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Wholemeal pear and ginger muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Anzac muffins
- Banana and maple syrup muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins
- If the cupcake mixture curdles when you add the eggs, sprinkle over 1 tbsp of the flour and mix in to rectify.
- The honey yoghurt mixture is lovely with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder