Low-fat zucchini sticks
- 3 zucchini, washed and cut into small sticks (about 5cm in length)
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Tomato dipping sauce
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
Preheat your oven to 230°C or 210° fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place the egg white in a bowl and whisk.
Place the breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic powder and some salt and pepper into a zip-lock bag and shake to combine.
In batches, dip the zucchini sticks into the egg white and then into the bread mix. Shake to coat. Place onto oven tray.
Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- If you find that the egg white isn’t sticking to the zucchini easily, you can dust them in plain flour before rolling in the egg white.
- You can spice up this tomato sauce with a dash of Tabasco for a spicy treat.
- You need to buy garlic powder in small amounts as it dries out very quickly in the pantry.
- This recipe was created by Chantelle Ellem for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find related healthy dinner recipes
- Fish in foil
- Pork and mango noodle salad
- Vietnamese rice paper rolls
- Healthy turkey parmigiana
- Spring lamb with dukkah yoghurt
- Vegetable tagine with couscous
- Healthy nachos
- Beer can chicken
- Tom yum soup
- Chicken in Oyster sauce stirfry