Broccoli is packed full of nutrients that we could all do with more of. When cooked with garlic and extra virgin olive oil it tastes delicious.
Broccoli with Garlic and Almonds
- 500 grams Broccoli cut to florets
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup Almond Flakes
- In a saucepan, place the broccoli and cover with cold water and salt.
- Bring to the boil and remove from heat and drain. Place a lid on the pan to keep warm.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil until hot and add the garlic and broccoli.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the almonds and cook for a further minute.Serve immediately.
- This broccoli just needs to be blanched and flash fried in a very hot pan so it keeps its great flavours and nutrients.
- This may need a little salt but I like to leave that up to the individual.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot.
Read more on Kidspot