- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (135g) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1-2 tbsp boiling water
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced) and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
Place all ingredients in the bowl of your food processor or a blender and process to combine. Scrape this mixture into your prepared loaf tin and smooth over the top.
Place in the oven and cook for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Once completely cool, mix the icing sugar and cocoa together with a little boiling water until you have a nice thick consistency. Spread this over the cake and scatter over sprinkles.
Related chocolate cake recipes:
- Everyday chocolate cake
- Flake chocolate cake
- 2 ingredient chocolate cupcakes
- Chocolate sponge cake
- Chocolate raspberry bliss cake
- Luscious chocolate cake
- Best chocolate cake
- Flourless chocolate cake
- Easy chocolate cake
- Low-fat chocolate cake
- Fold through some chocolate chips to make this even yummier!
- Ice with a plain chocolate icing or even a ganache if you prefer. I like it nice and plain but that might just be laziness talking!
- Thanks to the almond meal and yoghurt, this loaf lasts well for days (wrapped tightly) and can also be sliced and frozen for lunch boxes.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.