- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125g butter, melted
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, sift the flour and stir in the coconut and sugar to combine.
Mix in the egg and then melted butter until all ingredients are moist.
Roll tablespoon-sized balls of the mixture and place on baking tray, spaced well apart.
Bake for 12 mins. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray for 5 mins. Transfer to a wire rack to cool further.
Find related biscuit and cookie recipes.
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Rice bubble and sultana biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- Three ingredient shortbread
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Gingerbread heart cookies
- Yo-yo biscuits
- These biscuits keep really well and are still crunchy and delicious the next day.
- To make these appealing to children you can press Smarties into them before they cool.
- These biscuits really spread as they are baking; make sure you leave plenty of room on the trays.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.