Double chocolate cupcakes
- 4 cups self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups castor sugar
- 1 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 250g pkt milk choc chips
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g melted butter, cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup cream
- 200g dark chocolate
- 3 cups icing mixture
- 100g butter softened
Preheat oven to 200°C. Set 30 patty pan cases on 2 trays.
Mix flour, sifted cocoa and castor sugar together.
Combine eggs, milk, butter and vanilla essence.
Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir gently with a metal spoon to combine.
Place 1/4 cup measures into patty pans and bake for 12-15 mins.
In a glass bowl place cream and dark chocolate. Microwave for 1 minute and stir until all the chocolate is melted, making a ganache.
Whip the butter until pale and slowly add the icing mixture and ganache. Add a few drops of milk if the icing is too thick. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and dust with cocoa for decoration.
- The only word for these is decadent!
- These are perfect for a sophisticated afternoon tea and also to send to school for special birthdays.
- Making a ganache to flavour the icing looks like hard work but the taste is out of this world.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related cupcake recipes:
- Banana cupcakes with honey cream
- Gluten free choc chip cupcakes
- Cupcake tower birthday cake
- Monogrammed cupcakes
- White chocolate brownies
- chocolate beetroot muffins