Mango coconut cake
- 1 cup (250g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (335g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 mangoes, flesh finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups (170g) desiccated coconut
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar, sifted
- 20g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup mango puree
Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 24cm springform cake tin.
Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add mango flesh, coconut and flour and beat until just combined.
Pour into lined cake tin and smooth down surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool on a cake rack.
Meanwhile, to make icing, combine ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled cake and top with mango slices.
Find more delicious cake recipes:
- 3 ingredient pineapple cake
- Banana cake
- Banana cake with butter frosting
- Banana cake with lemon icing
- Carrot cake
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Coconut cake
- Easter basket chocolate cake
- Easy banana cake
- Easy chocolate cake
- Lumberjack cake
- Peach and raspberry upside down cake
- Everyday chocolate cake
- Orange cake with orange icing
- For an even sweeter treat, cut cake in half and fill with whipped vanilla-spiked cream.
- Use an equivalent amount of tinned mango (800g) or mango puree if fresh mangoes aren't available.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.