Paleo banana and date muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pink salt flakes or sea salt
- 4 large free range/organic eggs
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 large fresh dates
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp organic vanilla essence or paste
Heat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl whisk together eggs, banana, honey and vanilla.
Fold through the coconut and chopped dates. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and pour batter to fill 3/4 of each liner.
Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins
- Ensure you don’t mix the wet and dry ingredients for too long. Just until they are moist is enough so you have light fluffy muffins.
- You can buy fresh Medjool dates in the fruit and vegetable section of your supermarket.
- Make sure you use lovely moist flakes of coconut and not dessiccated coconut for the best flavour.
- This recipe was created by Erin Wright for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.