Pink tea party cakes
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup (160g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 160g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup frozen raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 100g butter, softened
- 2 cups (300g) icing sugar, sifted
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Add vanilla, yoghurt, eggs and melted butter and whisk until smooth. Stir through raspberries.
Fill each liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 25 minutes.
For icing, press raspberries through a sieve to remove seeds. Beat together with butter and icing sugar until smooth.
Once cakes are cool, spread a thick layer of icing on the top and decorate with whole raspberries.
- Frozen raspberries are best for this recipe. You could use blueberries in the cakes if you prefer but you will need raspberries in the icing to create the rich pink colour.
- Make tiny cakes by using a mini-muffin tin.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Find more cupcake recipes:
- Basic cupcakes
- Chocolate coca-cola cupcakes
- Creamy raspberry filled cupcakes
- Egg-free yoghurt cupcakes
- Fruity lemon cupcakes
- Hummingbird cupcakes
- Jam doughnut cupcakes
- Quick Chocolate cupcakes
- Red velvet cupcakes
- Vanilla cupcakes
- Cookie monster cupcakes
- Princess Leia cupcakes
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Strawberry cupcakes