- 2 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 banana (mashed)
- 150 g butter (cooled, melted)
- 1 apple (grated)
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (chopped)
Preheat your oven to 200C (180 fan-forced) and line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper cases (24 in total). Sift the self-raising flour into a large bowl before adding the caster sugar.
Add the eggs, milk, vanilla essence, cinnamon, mashed banana and cooled butter to the bowl, and use either a handheld or stand mixer on a low speed to mix the ingredients until they have almost combined.
Add the grated apple and chopped dates to the bowl and gently stir through until just combined.
Fill the paper cases until they are approximately 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden and cooked through. Carefully remove from the oven and allow them to cool in trays for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins
- These ABCD muffins are freezer-friendly so they're great for filling lunch boxes throughout the week!
- Make sure the butter has cooled after you've melted it.
- When combining the apples and dates into the mix, the mixture may appear lumpy – don't worry!
- This recipe was created by Lauren Matheson for Kidspot.