Apple and hazelnut bircher muesli
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup natural (Greek) yoghurt
- 1/2 cup craisins, sultanas or chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith apples, grated (skin on)
- 1 cup toasted hazlenuts, roughly chopped
Combine the rolled oats, juice, yoghurt, dried fruit, and cinnamon in a bowl and stir to combine.
Add the grated apple and spoon into glass jars or small (1 or 1/2 cup capacity) plastic containers. Chill overnight.
Serve sprinkled with the toasted hazlenuts or other seasonal fruit and nuts (see suggestions below).
- Top your muesli with any seasonal fruit and nut combination you fancy. My favourite is apple and toasted hazlenut, followed closely by the below:
- Raspberries and toasted crushed walnuts
- Poached pears and flaked almonds
- LSA mixture and fresh blueberries
- Granny Smith apples are the best for this recipe.
This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen.
Find more breakfast recipes:
- Banana and honey porridge
- Basic pancakes
- Bull’s eye egg
- Fluffy cheese omelette
- Breakfast burritos
- Baked cinnamon apple porridge
- Almond pancakes
- Bacon and egg muffins
- Lemon butter